Cage bearings that allow more balls to be placed around the knife pivot than standard cage bearings. Which provides more support for the blade and decreasing stress on each ball. The ceramic balls are captured in the disc but are still free floating to prevent binding.
Includes Grade 5 ceramic bearings pre-installed.
- 22% increased blade support over caged bearings of same size
- Improved ball pathing around pivot
- Less pivot screw tightening required
- CNC machined from solid phosphor bronze
0.252" ID x 0.432" OD x 0.050" Disc thickness
1/16 in (0.0625") - 13 balls
- One set equals two individual cage bearings
- 4-6 weeks lead time when ordering out of stock items
Ordered three sets for knives I was acquiring. Customs knives with great actions, but they ran on stainless bearings. I prefer the smooth feel of ceramic bearings, and the additional waterproofing it provides. Made the already good action of my Oz Machine Roosevelt great!
Cage Bearings - Pivot: 1/4"<br>Bearing: 1/16 in (13 ball)
Better than the bearings that come in most knives from the factory. I've put Skiff bearings in CKF, Spyderco, ZT, and Kershaw and each time the bearings improved the action.
The 1/4" pivot 1/16" 13 ball bearing fits (but is obviously not limited to):
- CKF MKAD Meta
- CKF Satori 2.0 but note that you'll have to remove both the stock outer rings and the steel washers that the stock bearings ride on, so the new bearings will be riding on the titanium of the handle.
I bought these bearings to tryout in an XM-18 triway. They do not fit (outside diameter is too large), but its evident these are super high quality and would have been a huge improvement over the stock set. I will save them for a future retrofit.