Cage bearings that allow more balls to be placed around the knife pivot than standard cage bearings. Which provides more support for the blade and decreasing stress on each ball. The ceramic balls are captured in the disc but are still free floating to prevent binding.
Includes Grade 5 ceramic bearings pre-installed.
- 22% increased blade support over caged bearings of same size
- Improved ball pathing around pivot
- Less pivot screw tightening required
- CNC machined from solid phosphor bronze
- One set equals two individual cage bearings
- Balisongs require quantity 2 ( which is 4 cage bearings)
I bought these for my Spyderco Smock, these things are great! My blade is so much smoother with this upgrade.
I've added these on two 450's. In both cases, it's not a first flip "eureka" moment. After a week or so each knife opens quickly with just a touch on the flipper tab. I really didn't think I would see an improvement on a 450, but I'm a convert!
Cage Bearings - Pivot: 3/16"<br>Ceramic Bearings: 1/16 in (11 ball)
The original bearings in the smock are okay but these just glide slighter I would say. Biggest thing for me is I sweat a lot, and the factory bearings will actually rust over time where as skiff bearings won't.
My Spyderco Smock is now smooth as baby diarrhea